OPEM SISTEMI manufactures Steering Systems from 300 daNm up to 20.000 daNm according to the regulations of the main Classifications Societies.
Steering Systems are electro hydraulic type (Follow Up/Non Follow Up/Emergency). A typical system with 2598 daNm torque, with double electro hydraulic power pack, twin rudder actuators for two rudder mechanically connected by connecting rod is described in the technical specification with technical features and components.
The electro hydraulic and assisted steering systems, detailed in this technical specification, allows the rudders to be driven by two hydraulic actuator cylinders, oscillating type and mechanically synchronized, connected to the tillers.
Under normal condition, rudders can be controlled from the navigating bridge (by follow up and non follow up steering modes) and from the wings (by non follow up steering mode). Control and monitoring operations are effected by a touch screen terminal, in the navigating bridge, connecting to a PLC electronic device. Actuator cylinders are normally actuated by one electro hydraulic power unit. A second electro hydraulic power unit with stand-by function is also foreseen.
The emergency hydraulic steering by the hand pump is also provided. Connection between actuator cylinder, power units and the hand emergency pump, is foreseen through independent and sectionable hydraulic lines, according to prescriptions of the main REGISTERS OF CLASSIFICATION.
FOLLOW UP STEERING (NAVIGATING BRIDGE)
Steering is effected by the wheel of the potentiometric transmitter, with one power unit running (PU1 or PU2).
NON FOLLOW UP STEERING (NAVIGATING BRIDGE OR WINGS)
Steering is effected by the ON-OFF joystick, with one power unit running (PU1 or PU2).
Autopilot system, not included in supply, can be installed.
EMERGENCY LOCAL ASSISTED STEERING
In case of failure of the steering control devices, steering can be effected by hand operation of the solenoid valves of the running power unit.
EMERGENCY HAND HYDRAULIC STEERING
In case of power supply failure, or in case of failure of the assisted control system, steering can be effected by the wheel of the hand piston pump.
ADDITIONAL MEANS FOR EMERGENCY STEERING By operating the shut-off valves, piping system can be sectioned, thus excluding that component or pipe involved in the failure. Steering is still granted by the remaining working components.
TYPICAL FEATURES AND PERFORMANCES
– TORQUE————————————————————————————— 4022 daNm
– NOMINAL RUDDER ANGLE
At the mechanical stoppers————————————————- 40° Port-40°Starboard
At the el. limit switches————————————————– 39.5° Port-39.5° Starboard
– MANOEUVRING TIME
During assisted steering FU or NFU (35° Port-35° Starboard—————— 24 sec. about
– NUMBER OF REVS. OF WHEEL OF THE POTENTIOMETRIC TRANSMITTER
During follow-up steering (40°+40°) ————————————————– 2 revs. about
– NUMBER OF REVS. OF WHEEL OF THE HAND PISTON PUMP (emergency)
During hydraulic steering (39.5°+39.5°) ——————————————— 58 revs. about
During hydraulic steering (35°+35°) ————————————————– 52 revs. about
During hydraulic steering (15°+15°) ————————————————– 24 revs. about
– MAX WORKING PRESSURE —————————————————————— 76.5 bar
– DESIGN PRESSURE (corresp. to the relief valves setting)—————————– 95.6 bar
– ELECTRIC MOTORS POWER——————————————————————— 3 Kw
– MAIN POWER SUPPLY—————————————————————— 380V-50Hz-3F
– ALARM SUPPLY (UPS) ————————————————————————— 24 V dc
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
Standard scope of supply includes:
– Rudder actuators of suitable torque
– Rudder carrier
– Tiller arm
– Connecting rod
– Electrohydraulic double power unit
– Potentiometric transmitter with feed back (FU)
– Control unit with PLC
– Touch screen video terminal
– ON/OFF joystick tiller handle (NFU)
– Electric limit switches
– E.M. Starter
– Emergency manual hydraulic transmitting unit
– Electric rudder angle indicator analogic type
– Set of installation drawings and instructions
– Operator’s and maintenance manual with trouble shooting and spare part list